Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steep Point


Shane abandoned Bronson and I for four days to forage for fish with five other blokes.  Although I was jealous that he went on holiday while I was stuck home working and vacuuming, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the destination.

Steep Point is at Shark Bay where Shane and I holidayed last year.  There is no fresh water, no plumbing, no services (I mean no services), and lots of flies...so I've been told, and it's accessible only by a 180 kilometre gravel road.  The only thing to do at Steep Point is fish and drink piss.  Not that I don't enjoy either of those activities but in a more modern setting.

The prized catches were a 14 kilo Yellowfin Tuna and a 16 kilo Mackrel, both caught by Scott.  Although Shane didn't break any fishing records we now have a freezer filled with fish.  I've reaped the reward of their efforts from the comfort of my home and its modern amenities.



Scott and his 16 kilo Mackrel
14 kilo Yellowfin Tuna

Red Throat Snapper
Hmmm, I don't see any flies in those photos.  I'm thinking it's just a ploy to keep the ladies away.

No comments:

Post a Comment